How do I list my property?
When you market your property on Hunt and our rental network, we call this a listing. A listing contains necessary information every renter is looking for, such as the monthly rent, date of availability, amenities and more.
To setup a listing, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Properties" screen.
- If you haven't created a property yet, click the button that says "Add Property"
- If you've already created a property, click on the "Options" button on the property you want to list:
Click " List Property"
What follows is a flow that will ask you to enter details about your listing. Keep in mind that this information will be saved for the future, so it is a great idea to spend a bit of time upfront and enter as much information as possible in order to attract the best renters.
All the following steps should take just a few minutes, but let's walk through the process of how to create a listing.
The very first step of the process just requires your property's address. Enter it in the "Address" field, which should automatically pre-populate addresses as you start typing.
After entering the address & Apt #, click the "Next" button to continue to the next section.
2. Property Info
In this section we gather some basic information about your property, such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms and more.
Tip: Spend some extra time to describe your property and its surrounding area. Tenants pay a lot of attention to the description and it allows them to short-list properties they really like. By providing a detailed description you also allow renters to decide the property is not right for them, which saves you some time down the road.
Once you've entered your information, click the "Next" button to get to the next section.
In this section you can select all the amenities your place has. We recommend checking all that apply, because renters can filter on amenities during their search.
Once you've selected all amenities that apply, click the "Next" button to get to the next section.
4. Lease Info
In this section we get some important information about the lease you have in mind. We ask for things like the rent amount, security deposit and more.
Once you've entered your information, click the Next button to get to the next section.
You can upload your property photos in this section. Photos are super important! We require at least 3 photos, but we highly recommend adding more photos to show off your place. There's currently no limit on the number of photos you can upload.
Click the " Upload Photos" button to select photos to upload. Once uploaded you can re-arrange photos by dragging them into the desired order.
Tip: Please wait during the photo upload process. Sometimes files can be large or your network connection may not be very fast, especially when you are on your mobile phone. Allow some time for all photos to get uploaded.
Once your photos are uploaded, you're almost good to go! Just click the "Finish" button and we'll activate your listing.
Once you've clicked the " Finish" button, we will take the following action:
- Your listing will be imported on Hunt.com. This may take a few minutes in which we normalize some data such as location information and create all the necessary entries in our database. During this time your listing will show up in a "Pending" state like this:
- Once your listing has successfully passed our import process, and if you chose to syndicate your listing, we will syndicate your listing to the Hunt Rental Network. This may take up to 48 hours, but your listing will receive significantly more exposure.